Helen Buchbach alias Morgenstern
Helen was nine years old when she discovered her treasure, the Double Bass. Since then she has played in many different orchestras and bands.
She comes from a distant land, Australia. She studied at the Australian National University and began her freelance career playing with Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
In 2003 Helen moved to Germany with a big backpack and an even bigger double bass. She has now lived here for 10 years and currently has 4 double basses and 5 backpacks.
Teaching is another of her passions and her pupils range from 6 to 57 years old
Helen is active in the Berlin freelance music scene and is always ready for a new challenge.
- Member of amabilées
- Concerts with Schloss Orchester Berlin
- Teacher for a two week kids troubadour course Theater Morgenstern
- Concerts und CD-recording with the singer-songwriter Montmorensey
- Concerts with Die Damenkapelle
- 2012 Dinner theatre show, Schneewitzchen und die 7 Damen (Snowwhite and the seven ladies)
- 2011 Dinner theatre show, Lebenlänglich Damenhaft (Lifelong Ladylike)
- 2010 Dinner theatre show, Vorsicht Weiblich (Watch out women!)
- 2008-2009 Musical "Cabaret" in Theater Wechselbad der Gefühle, Dresden
- 2006-2007 Dinner theatre show with Palazzo, Frankfurt am Main
- Studied at University for Music and Theatre Rostock with Silvio Dalla Torre, Degree Diploma
- RIAS Youth orchestra projects with tours to China and Moscow
- Music theatre project with Musikakzente
- Casual work with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra and the Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra
- Fellowship with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra
- Casual work with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and Chamber made Opera
- Studied at the Australian National University with Max Mcbride, Degree Bachelor